Thursday 31 May 2018

Year 8 camp 2018

Last week from the 23rd of Wednesday till the 25th of Friday, The year 8’s went on a school camp In Thames at Kauaeranga Campsite. While the year 8’s were gone the year 7’s stayed back and did some team building. I felt excited to go on camp because I was excited to become a good leader. When we got there we went off and did our first activity. There were 4 groups named: Thames,Kauri,Kauaeranga and Coromandel. My group was coromandel, (Coromandel Represent) and our first activity was Go karts, Go karts was one of my favorite activities. There were 7 activities, Go karts,BMX track,Archery,Air Rifles, Flying fox,Paintball and The Train. A nervous moment from camp was trying all of the activities. The scariest activity I was scared to try was go karts, but I tried it and it ended up being really fun. At camp I really enjoyed hanging with the teachers because I got to know them better. A moment that I was proud of was becoming a better leader. I learnt how to be more encouraging and learnt how to be more confident in myself. A moment that was challenging was trying to get to sleep at night.The food that we had at camp was amazing ( But not better than mums dinner). I really enjoyed year 8 camp, I wish I could go back.The reason we had camp and team building was for the year 7’s and 8’s to learn how to be a leader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment